Sunday 18 March 2012

Billy Connolly is a man of many talents it would seem. The Scottish comedian, who was previously a folk musician of some repute, has just opened his first exhibition to showcase his ink drawings, entitled Born On A Rainy Day and tells us that although he’s very attached to his work, he doesn’t analyse it.
“I don’t want the drawings to be judged,” he reveals to Day & Night. “I love them. They’re little pals of mine.
“I don’t want to offend the drawings but I really don’t know much about them. I’m lacking in information. I don’t know any art-speak so I can’t waffle on. I believe there’s a website that teaches you some art lingo so I’m going to learn some pretentious rubbish for the next time.”
Billy, 69, is keen to know what people feel about his work, although even an expert might find it tough to interpret it when the artist isn’t sure what he was trying to portray.
“I’d like to hear what people think the drawings mean. My wife (Pamela Stephenson) won’t tell me and she’s a psychologist. Sometimes you see them for the second time and have a different opinion because they don’t mean anything.”
Billy, who has reportedly ended several comedy shows recently because of heckling from the audience, is off to New Zealand for a few weeks and can’t wait to get away from the hustle and bustle to enjoy a spot of fly fishing.
 Source: Express

Billy Connolly's debut art show - video
The Scottish comedian and actor Billy Connolly talks about his first art exhibition, Born on a Rainy Day, which showcases his pen and ink drawings. Connolly, star of Mrs Brown, The Last Samurai and The Hobbit, launched his art show at London's Halcyon Gallery.
Prints of Connolly's work are on sale via Castle Galleries across the UK
Read more and watch the video at The Guardian

Also reported by Daily Record and Scotsman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails